V84.2 Major Outage Total Support
Recently, a base-loaded V84.2 gas turbine owner/operator scheduled a major maintenance outage, which included the “100K hour life time extension” inspection Scope of Work. Given our experience with “V” series gas turbines, Eta Technologies LLC (Eta Tech) was asked to provide assistance with planning and executing the outage without any OEM involvement. Stepping to the plate, Eta Tech provided the following products and services:
- Provided refurbished and upgraded inner casing and mixing chambers on an exchange basis (client had no spares)
- Provided ALL required consumable parts!
- Assisted in identifying a source for all required capital spare parts
- Provided turbine airfoil coating upgrades to achieve “41MAC” equivalency
- Supplied new combustor dome plates and bezel rings with specialized coatings for life extension
- Provided all necessary tooling to:
- Up-end, de-tension, un-stack and re-stack the rotor
- Fit up the mixing chamber transition rings
- Strip and re-coat of the first five (5) stages of compressor diaphragms and bladed wheels as well as inlet guide vanes (IGV’s) on an expedited basis – less than four (4) days turn-time!
- Refurbished and upgraded all burners
- Identified and prepared an inspection source for the on-site life time extension inspection workscope
Eta Tech’s work was completed on time and in budget. The outage was completed on schedule, and not a single part or service was required from the OEM!